As a former NFL Cheerleader, the “Big Game” holds a very special place in my heart. I love everything about it; the parties, the people, the food, the pre game show, the Half Time performances, the touchdowns and especially time spent with my family. Now that we have little ones, I like to make sure we find ways to make them feel included in the fun. Last week we did some game day prep by making decorations and pom poms so they could cheer our team on.
Clean up on craft day and game day can be a beast, but I’ve found something that works every single time without fail. I honestly LOVE Persil! I tried it a couple months ago and was hooked on it’s cleaning power. With three little ones, I almost had to look at clothes as one time use. Their clothes never looked as good as the first day I bought them. It was so frustrating to just be throwing money away each time I went shopping. Once I switched from my other detergent to Persil, everything turned around. Now I don’t have to worry about letting them go out to play in my favorite outfits.
Now let’s get to the business of pom pom making.
DIY Game Day Tissue Cheerleader Pom Poms
1. Line up 5 strips of tissue paper and make marks all the way down with a marker, about 2/3 of the way up.
2. Using safety scissors, let your little one cut along all the lines. I held the paper for a couple cuts then let Kennie do it all herself. She loved it and felt like such a big girl.
3. Moms, this part is for you! Using a glue gun tack down the sheets of paper at one end so they are all attached to each other.
4. Glue one side to the top of popsicle strip and continue wrapping around, tacking it down occasionally as you go. Then just fluff the top up and let your little one get to cheering. Complete their Game Day gear by using one of their paintings as a mega phone. Just glue it into shape and trim off the end. So easy!
I know that Persil will tackle even the mess from a day spent crafting. Make sure to try the new & improved formula with 10 Dimensions of Clean in a variety of Power-Liquid scents and Power-Caps and visit their site for tons of awesome game day crafts.
@PersilProClean provided me with compensation in exchange for this sponsored blog post. However, all the opinions expressed here are my own.
Latest posts by Summer Alvarez (see all)
- Gibson and Living in Yellow: My Latest Nordstrom Haul! - March 18, 2018
- Who Has Old Navy Super Cash! - February 7, 2018
- Printable Valentines for kids, teachers, and friends! - January 24, 2018