My kids are LEGO obsessed and live for gummy candy! They always insist on spending time in the LEGO store at Downtown Disney when we go visit the park and ofter choose the newest LEGO toy as their reward when given an opportunity to earn something. The other day we were in the store when Gavin asked for the LEGO mini figure mold. Since we needed some fun Summertime activities I gave in and said yes. We came up with all kinds of fun things to make with them, but the biggest hit has been LEGO Gummy Candy.
Now, I happen to have the worst luck in the kitchen. Nothing ever turns out right for me unless it comes out of a box. Last week we tried homemade fruit leather and failed miserably so I did have high hopes for this recipe. To my surprise it was very quick, easy and came out perfect! I made 2 batches and they both came out beautifully.
Here is what you will need: 2 packets gelatin, 1 package Jello, 1/2 cup COLD water & 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Mix COLD water and corn syrup in bowl or pyrex measuring cup till combined well
- Pour mixture into 2 quart pot and mix in gelatin and Jello (DO NOT turn on heat yet)
- Once mixture is combined turn on LOW heat for 5-10 min. till gelatin is dissolved
- Remove from heat and pour back into pyrex measuring cup, let sit 5-10 minutes until all bubbles and clumps have gathered along the top
- Skim the top layer off the mixture and you will be left with a clear candy syrup
- Carefully pour syrup into molds and refrigerate for 30 min. or until firm
- Remove from molds and enjoy!
I found that pulling the candy from the edges of the mold and then peeling them out worked better than trying to force them out by pushing the mold inside out.
These work with most mold shapes! I’ve linked some shapes below that would be fun for parties or just a Summertime kids activity.
They even tasted great! I also love that the colors are so vibrant!
Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days…although I am sure they won’t last that long. Ours lasted about 3 minutes. Enjoy!
Shop Gummy Candy Molds Below
Latest posts by Summer Alvarez (see all)
- Who Has Old Navy Super Cash! - February 7, 2018
- Printable Valentines for kids, teachers, and friends! - January 24, 2018
- Little Black Dress Roundup for Valentine’s Day! - January 23, 2018