I can remember the day we made Homemade Slime in science class in 6th grade. I went home after school and made my mom run out to get some Broax and Elmer’s school glue so I could make more. Homemade Slime is so quick and easy to make so we had to add it to our Summer Fun List for this Summer. It was a perfect activity for the kids! They were able to help with every step and it was quick enough to keep their attention.
You only need a couple of things to make a batch of slime and you probably have them in your home already. Broax, school glue, food coloring & water.
- In one bowl mix 1/2 cup (4 oz) glue and 1/2 cup water. Add food coloring if you want colored slime.
- In the other bowl, mix 1 teaspoon borax with 1 cup water until the borax is dissolved.
- Add the glue mixture to the borax solution, stirring slowly.
- The slime will begin to form immediately; stir as much as you can, then dig in and knead it with your hands until it gets less sticky. (No one makes slime without getting a little messy!) Don’t worry about any leftover water in the bowl; just pour it out.
Latest posts by Summer Alvarez (see all)
- Nordstrom Cafe Copy Cat Recipe Round Up - July 25, 2017
- Let’s Get Cozy With These Nordstrom Pajamas & Workout Finds - July 23, 2017
- #Nsale Date Night Style and Nordstrom Giveaway - July 21, 2017