Originally posted at 30 Handmade Days
I’ve have got a fun and colorful little project for you all and it is one your little Easter Princess is going to adore! This necklace cost me $2 and 5 minutes to throw together and Kennie just loves it. We may have had a melt down when I had to take it off of her for her nap.
Head on down to your local Dollar Store and pick up the following.
Dollar Store: Glitter styrofoam Easter Eggs & round ribbon
From around the house: Skewer, scissors & tape
1. Poke holes (long ways) through all your Easter Eggs. Go bottom to top and spin the skewer as you go to prevent a big chuck from popping out when you poke through the top.
2. Cut off the top of your skewer to make a “needle” to thread them on to the necklace.
3. Line up the skewer and ribbon on a piece of tape and wrap the tape smoothly around so it feels seamless. If you scotch tape is jankie like mine you may have to reinforce with a little duct tape.
4. Thread the eggs one at a time.
5. Placing a knot after each egg. Place as many as you need then just tie off the ends.
Simple, Easy & Quick!