This Blueberry French Toast Bake has to be the most requested breakfast recipe I get. My family begs me to make it for every family party and holiday. It’s such a quick and easy breakfast recipe that I don’t even mind making it. The vanilla, cinnamon and sweet cream cheese mixture come together to make for a dish that everyone in your family will go nuts over.
Last week I hosted this Plaid Themed Holiday Brunch and it was fun! I actually got to enjoy it because of some smart planning. You can check out the details on that party HERE.
Now on to the good stuff! This recipe needs to be made a night ahead so while it takes a little planning, it saves you time the morning of your breakfast. All you have to do is pop it in the oven and keep an eye on it.
The Best Blueberry French Toast Bake Recipe
2 French Bread Baguettes torn in small pieces
1 (8 ounce) package whipped cream cheese
3 T sugar
1 cup fresh blueberries
12 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup maple syrup
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange half the bread pieces in the dish, mix cream cheese and sugar then scatter small spoons full onto bread. Sprinkle 1 cup blueberries over the cream cheese, and top with remaining bread pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and syrup. Pour over the bread pieces. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the bread mixture from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cover, and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking 25 to 30 minutes, until center is firm and surface is lightly browned. Serve with fresh whipped cream and syrup.
I hope your family enjoys this amazing French Toast recipe!
Latest posts by Summer Alvarez (see all)
- Gibson and Living in Yellow: My Latest Nordstrom Haul! - March 18, 2018
- Who Has Old Navy Super Cash! - February 7, 2018
- Printable Valentines for kids, teachers, and friends! - January 24, 2018